Wednesday 15 August 2012

Pumpkin, bacon and fetta pasta bake

Another dish I put together based on "available ingredients" in my pantry and fridge!

INGREDIENTS:

1/3 or half a pumpkin, diced
1 clove of garlic
3 or 4 rashers of bacon, diced
2 tbs olive oil
1 packet of penne
120g fetta cheese, crumbled
half a cup of cream
half a cup of grated mozarella or tasty cheese
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
Parsley, chopped

METHOD

Put pumpkin, garlic and bacon into a baking dish with the olive oil and bake for around 30-40 mins.


Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling water and a pinch of salt. Drain.

Once the pumpkin mixture is cooked, add the pasta into the baking dish and stir.  Pour in the cream, add the parsley, fetta, and parmesan, together with salt and pepper to taste, and stir.  Sprinkle with mozarella or tasty cheese.



Bake for a further 20 mins or until golden and crispy.

Delicious!


1 comment:

  1. You know, I have never used fetta in anything I have ever cooked! I think its about time I give it a try!

    ReplyDelete