Tuesday 3 April 2012

Home-made finger painting

I know... this is not a post about food. But the paint is edible, so I think it counts haha

Stuck at home with sick kids can be boring, so we have been trying to occupy ourselves with various things - art and craft being one of them. My daughter absolutely LOVES art and craft.

So I decided to make some home made finger paints. I found some recipes online which were non-toxic and completely edible (on the off-chance she decided have a taste). 

Quite easy to make: Just add 1/2 cup of corn flour and 4 tablespoons of white sugar to a saucepan.  Turn the heat on to medium heat, and slowly add 3 cups of water while stirring.  Heat until the mixture thickens.


Separate the mixture into plastic cups. We used 6, but I reckon the mixture could accommodate up to 10 cups (we had a bit leftover).




Add various natural food colourings to each cup.  Stir.





And begin painting!!! My daughter prefers using brushes, and they work just as well.  Best thing about it is - if you cover them with glad wrap or put it in air tight containers, they do last quite a while!


Happy painting!


No comments:

Post a Comment