Sunday 1 April 2012

Winter flu season

Our household has been absolutely miserable the past week and a half. My 6 month old got Tonsillitis, and now my three year old has what seems to be a bad cold/flu but I worry it will develop into the same thing.  My husband and I have 'razor-blade' throats now too, so I dare say we are next.

Generally, when I am sick my appetite isn't the best. But it's so important to eat healthy fruit and veggies so I force myself to cook and eat healthy food... especially when the kiddies are sick!

Today, my daughter (who was bored from having to stay home again) wanted to help mummy cook lunch, so we threw together a veggie and noodle soup - the perfect meal for a sick child (and mummy!)

I boiled up some water with chicken stock, threw in some red lentils, egg noodles, scooby-doo shaped pasta (for some fun -she loves them!), fresh carrots, potatoes, zucchini, corn, and some frozen peas.  Added some tomato paste, salt and pepper, mixed spices, and some fresh oregano, sage and rosemary from the garden.  45 mins later - we had a tasty soup to help calm our nasty throats!!!

Then tonight for dinner I made a lovely lamb roast (with mint sauce), served with baked potatoes and carrots, and steamed broccoli and cauliflower... and some gravy!!!

 
And the best thing is - I don't have to cook tomorrow because I have loads of leftovers!!!!

Well I'm off to write my meal plan for the week - an easy one this week, because of Easter (we eat at mums!)

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment