Friday 11 May 2012

Home-made dumplings

My husband and I are big dumplings fans.... so today I took a trip down to the local Asian Supermarket to stock up on supplies for dinner tonight....



I used this recipe:


http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/410/steamed+dumplings

But I would suggest adding some salt to the mixture.  I also replaced half the soy sauce in the dipping sauce with some Kecap Manis (nicer flavour).

The mixture:

Making the dumplings with wonton - add a small amount to the middle, wet the sides, fold in half to make a triangle, and then fold the corners together and wet them:



The recipe says it makes 30, but I made 40:


Steam them for 40 mins:


Meanwhile - make the sauce:


Then serve with steamed pakchoy and carrot (or other asian veggies).


I may try it in a soup next time.... they were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment