Thursday 12 July 2012

Home made spinach, fetta and chorizo gozleme!

One word for tonights dinner - TASTY!!!!!!

I had some chorizo and some fetta in the fridge that I wanted to use for dinner, so I googled the two ingredients and some gozleme recipes came up in the results. I'd never made gozleme before so I thought I'd give it a go. I used the dough recipe from an online source, but then just winged the filling ingredients myself.

INGREDIENTS:

Dough:

2 cups of plain flour (plus a little extra)
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup of water
1/4 extra virgin olive oil

Filling:

2 Chorizo sausages, sliced.
a handful of fetta cheese, crushed
1 cup of frozen spinach (or you can use fresh spinach)
1 tsp butter
2 tbsp parsley
1 tsp dill
1 cup of grated tasty cheese (or you can use part tasty, part mozarella)


METHOD:
Firstly, I made the dough: 2 cups of plain flour and a pinch of salt sifted into a bowl.  I made a well in the middle and poured 3/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil. Mix together to form a dough, and knead for a few minutes.  You might need to add some extra plain flour so it's not so sticky. Divide into 4 balls, place into an oiled bowl, cover with cling wrap, and set aside for 20 mins.






If you are using fresh spinach, cook in a pan with a little water for a few minutes until soft.  If you are using frozen spinach, pop into the microwave with a little water and cook for a few minutes. When ready, add the butter and stir.  You can also use some spring onion, but I didn't because I didn't have any!

Cook the Chorizo in a pan with a touch of extra virgin olive oil (I use a spray).  Once cooked, set aside and place onto paper towels.



Roll out the dough into a rectangle by pressing with your fingers, and then lightly roll with a rolling pin, being careful not to make it too thin.  Add the filling, first the spinach, then chorizo, some fetta, fresh parsley, dill and top it off with grated cheese. You can really use any filling that tickles your fancy!






Fold each side over to the middle, folding back the second side (like the picture below), and close up each end by folding it up.  Place the gozleme on a hot pan (lightly sprayed with extra virgin olive oil) and cook on each side.








Keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.  Slice into quarters and serve with lemon wedges, and a side salad.





YUMMMMO








1 comment:

  1. Oh yummy!! My favourite ingredients all together.. Definately giving this one a go sometime soon...

    ReplyDelete