Monday 9 July 2012

Moroccan Lamb

My dear friend Luke cooked this dish for me many years ago and graciously gave me the recipe because I absolutely loved it.

I have changed it a little (because it was VERY spicy) and now I add much less chilli powder, and I also added chick peas.

INGREDIENTS:
4 cloves of garlic
1 tbs salt
1 tbs coriander powder
half tsp chilli powder
1 tbs cumin powder
olive oil
500g lamb cubes
tinned crushed/diced tomatoes
1 tbs tomato paste
S&P
1 tsp lemon zest
half tsp tumeric
handful of roasted almond flakes or slivers
tin of chick peas
cous cous
raisins (optional)

METHOD:
1. Add garlic, salt, coriander, chilli, cumin powders to herb grinder. Grind til it resembles a paste.



2. Add olive oil to the pan and cook the herb paste for around 2 mins.
3. Add the lamb cubes and cook.



4. Cook and simmer for around 25 mins.
5. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, s&p, lemon zest, tumeric and chick peas.
6. Simmer for about half an hour.


7. At the end add the roasted almonds and stir.
8. Serve on a bed of cous cous with raisins (optional).


No comments:

Post a Comment